Originally posted on PHP Programmer:
Below article covers the status of php6, probable features in it and reasons for delays to PHP 6 appear.
Status of PHP 6
In market we can see several books about PHP 6, but actually PHP6 does not exist yet. We don’t have any PHP 6 version available like alpha or beta. PHP 6 does not exist.
Features we might find in PHP 6
– Enhanced array indexing: Array indexing can be used to sub string or take an array slice.
– Performance: Page level (opcode) caching through moving Alternative PHP Cache (APC) into the PHP core. Native application caching.
– Break to label: Sending a break to a label (like a goto).
– Internationalization: Native Unicode – UTF-8 – to the core (strings, APIs).
Features which might get removed in PHP 6
– Magic quotes will be removed.
Probable reasons for delays to PHP 6 appear to be:
1. PHP 5.4 takes some…
View original 309 more words